Mama and Papa Bear
My parents are up visiting right now and boy did Tink make strange with my father for the first five minutes! I've never seen him do that before but to be fair to my parents, they had really bad timing. Tink just woke up from a nap that was too short and he was teething and I had been ignoring him because I was trying to madly do some last-minute tidying so he was already fussing when they rang the doorbell. Whew, long sentence there. Anyway, now he's in love with them both and vice versa. Good thing we're going home with them because it would be a big cryfest if they were leaving Tuesday with the next visit being Christmastime...
Our good friends Ms. C (should really be Ms. D) and Mr. C (previously known as Long Dong) are getting married tomorrow! The rehearsal was this afternoon followed by an amazing dinner at The Keg. I had to leave early due to nursing Tink before bed but I managed to scarf down all my food. I'm such a pig. Krazy is the best man so he and Mr. C are spending the night together heh heh. I think it's very cute that they're doing this as I thought only girls liked to do this sort of thing.
My parents told me that a family friend's son is being shipped to Afghanistan next month and there's a big send-off party for him while I'm at home. My heart filled with dread when they told me this and my first instinct was that he was going to die. Is that everyone's first thought when they hear about someone they know leaving for military duty? Or did I have an eerie premonition? I think it's normal to assume the worst.
Our good friends Ms. C (should really be Ms. D) and Mr. C (previously known as Long Dong) are getting married tomorrow! The rehearsal was this afternoon followed by an amazing dinner at The Keg. I had to leave early due to nursing Tink before bed but I managed to scarf down all my food. I'm such a pig. Krazy is the best man so he and Mr. C are spending the night together heh heh. I think it's very cute that they're doing this as I thought only girls liked to do this sort of thing.
My parents told me that a family friend's son is being shipped to Afghanistan next month and there's a big send-off party for him while I'm at home. My heart filled with dread when they told me this and my first instinct was that he was going to die. Is that everyone's first thought when they hear about someone they know leaving for military duty? Or did I have an eerie premonition? I think it's normal to assume the worst.


3 Comments:
At 1:33 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
I hope he's okay. Afghanistan is scary - you know I wanted to go there when I was a kid because it sounded so exciting in old British travel books? Sad.
At 9:12 AM,
Melbine said…
I hadn't even heard of Afghanistan until first year when the Taliban took over.
I hope he's okay too, I guess time will tell..
At 4:52 PM,
Sugarplum said…
I know there has been a lot of news about soldiers dying or getting injured and Afghanistan is a scary place right now and my heart bleeds for those who are put in that mess of a situation and required to act - but - there is no reason to assume that someone going there is necessarily going to get hurt. Afghanistan is not Canada's Iraq. I think you should wish him the best and hold him in your heart and mind.
Post a Comment
<< Home