Foiled At Every Turn
Just when I thought we had solved the issue of Tink getting awoken from naps, a temporary unbearable loudness has appeared. Krazy asked our neighbour to kindly stop slamming his door upon entering and exiting his house as it makes our house shake (since we're all one big happy unit of a townhouse) and wakes the baby up. Our neighbour has an incredible baby-sleeping radar and liked to come or go within the first crucial half hour of Tink's sleep. We haven't heard a peep from that door since our polite request.
Now our neighbours directly across the street, aka right across from Tink's bedroom, are getting some landscaping done and that is loud. LOUD LOUD LOUD. Sigh. I don't tiptoe around the house, but I do generally try and be quiet, and maybe more quiet than some parents would be. This is for good reason. Very early on, Tink proved himself to be a pretty light sleeper. Just like his mama. I am one of the lightest sleepers around. It's a blessing and a curse.
I had physio tonight and I will have one more appointment next week and then I think we're going to give it a break for a few weeks and see how things are. I'm definitely keeping up with the massages though. I have an appointment for this Friday afternoon. Mmmm...massage...they should be a mandatory part of everyone's lives. Especially angry, tense dictators. I bet all of their anger and control issues would dissipate into thin air.
Now our neighbours directly across the street, aka right across from Tink's bedroom, are getting some landscaping done and that is loud. LOUD LOUD LOUD. Sigh. I don't tiptoe around the house, but I do generally try and be quiet, and maybe more quiet than some parents would be. This is for good reason. Very early on, Tink proved himself to be a pretty light sleeper. Just like his mama. I am one of the lightest sleepers around. It's a blessing and a curse.
I had physio tonight and I will have one more appointment next week and then I think we're going to give it a break for a few weeks and see how things are. I'm definitely keeping up with the massages though. I have an appointment for this Friday afternoon. Mmmm...massage...they should be a mandatory part of everyone's lives. Especially angry, tense dictators. I bet all of their anger and control issues would dissipate into thin air.


2 Comments:
At 8:41 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Remember gripe water? From back in the day when you could get your infant good and bombed when you wanted them to sleep? Sigh.
At 7:35 AM,
Melbine said…
Oh trust me, gripe water is still around! However, now you can get an alcohol-free version..Tink looved that stuff. He had the alcohol and alcohol-free versions and neither made him sleep better. But at least it settled his stomach. You could actually hear it gurgling after that shit went down the pipe..
Post a Comment
<< Home