A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Monday, August 21, 2006

Excitement on the Horizon!

I was going to write last night about my experience at the mall and make some general post-modern comments about what the mall represents to society and blah blah blah. But then I got a call from my sister Nelbine to tell me that her and Mr. Roboto (I need a better name for him) are getting married! Yay! They have been together since they were 15 so we knew it was inevitable...I'm going to be a bridesmaid. Yay! I loove weddings. That's the third for 2007 so far, and I'm in two of the three. I'm going to be a wedding expert by the time all is said and done!

Nelbine has also found a place to stay in Ottawa too! Guinevere and her family are heading off to Brussels and desperately need a subletter for a specific amount of time who will let them keep their furniture there. Well wouldn't you know it, Nelbine needs a place to stay for a specific amount of time and doesn't want to have to haul up any furniture. Good timing is so fabulous.

Tink's mouth is exploding with teeth right now. Two more have come through this morning, and another two are on their way. No wonder the poor boy isn't sleeping. Today we visited with Audrey Hepburn, who lives down the hall from Guinevere and Mr. M and their baby Miss A. Miss A and Tink were very amusing to watch together. Who needs a TV with babies around??

One more thing I was going to talk about before Nelbine's fabulous news distracted me was the relationship that some people have with blogs, mothers specifically. We were at Ms. D and Mr. C's place for brunch yesterday, when Ms. D brought up an article that she read about mothers blogging about their deepest frustrations with motherhood. What do I think of that? Well, I totally get it that a blog is a great place to anonymously vent about annoying things in your life. But I think you have to be careful because it just might skew your perspective if you're only writing about the negative side of parenthood. You might start to forget all the happy, heartwarming, life-affirming moments. And that's really what it's all about.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    That's a problem with journally things generally, I think. People tend to use them most when things are hardest, look at them later, and think "damn, things were always hard."

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    That's such a good point. I never thought of that before! I try and not make my blog like that.

    Glad to hear that things are going well for you! It makes me happy to think about you happy and reunited with Figaro.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home