A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Truth, Justice and ...

... the new Superman movie blissfully leaves out the last part of that tag line..the American way. Which I thought was really interesting. Was that some kind of socio-political statement? I doubt it. But man, was that movie ever good. Okay, so I'm not the most critical film reviewer. I mean, I'll happily sit through some pretty bad shit and still have a good time. On the other hand, I would say that I have some pretty vast cinematic knowledge and am well-versed in the art. So trust me when I say that you should see this movie. I'll just leave it at that because I don't want to turn this post into a film review.

The reason I actually saw this movie today was because Sweet One came over and watched Tink so that Krazy and I could catch an afternoon matinee to finally get our anniversary date in. It's so disconcerting to experience the movie theatre in broad daylight. I always find it really bizarre to walk outside and discover that the sun is out and people are doing constructive things like grocery shopping and walking off their lunch. Today I was also disconcerted (such a great word) to be away from Tink for so long. While he was awake. I've left him twice now for nights out where I've been away longer than today. But he's always asleep within 2 hours of my departure so I figure that we're not missing any time together anyway. But today I missed out on almost 3.5 hours of awake time. That sucked. This may be a good sign that I am not in any way ready to go back to work.

Okay, back to the theatre experience because I have to vent about something. What is with ALL the advertising?? I was just getting used to the advertisements before the previews and now, instead of the movie trivia, it's...you guessed it. Ads. Sigh. Mistress La Spliffe, am I just noticing these things more since hearing your thoughts on the topic? I don't know.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Probably not. There are alot more commercials on before films now than there used to be, since theatres are having a hard time covering thier costs - too many people watching at home, waiting for rep showings, and wide-release movies generally just being shittier.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Well, to be honest, we wouldn't have gone if we hadn't used our free passes from collecting Sears points. I mean, why would you spend $13 on a movie when you could own it and watch it 20x for another $10?

    Interestingly, one of the ads was about how it's the intention of filmmakers that you see their film on a 50 foot screen and not a 50 inch screen...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home