A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wild Horses

Last night I had the strangest dream about horses. Instead of the placid cattle in my father's pasture, there were wild and unpredictable horses. Menacing really. The worst part about it all was that I had Tink with me and I was trying to get him out of the field safely, but I couldn't. When there wasn't electric fencing to deal with, there were horses. One of the horses was nice though (a mare, you'd figure it would be a female!) and was trying to offer advice about how to best get the hell out of Dodge. I wish I knew more about dream interpretation..

I seriously never thought I would comment on the weather in this space, but today was so bizarre! Sunshine, storms, humidity, clouds..I'm not sure if that's what made Tink nap 2 hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon but I'm not going to question it! And to think, some babies sleep that much every day?? What do their caregivers do with that free time?

One of my sisters and her long-time beau are coming to visit for the weekend. I am very excited to see them as it has been since the Ides of March, or close to. But it means that I need to do some tidying and think about what we should eat. This is the first time besides the Mama Bear that anyone has stayed over since Tink was born. Hopefully he doesn't decide to have a bad night while they're here!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home