Back To Normal
Well the long weekend is officially over now and it's time to get things back to normal around here. Nelbine and Mr. Robotics left yesterday shortly before lunch, with an intention to visit the chocolate factory on their way home. Mmm, I'm so jealous.
Tink started his swimming lessons yesterday. And I must say, I was not very impressed with how it went down. We had to dunk our babies in heavily-chlorinated, cold water not once, but half a dozen times! Which Tink absolutely hated, screaming in public for the first time ever. Thank goodness Krazy was with me because I refused to torture my child in that way. I felt justified after speaking with my neighbour who informed me that at her baby's swimming lessons, they only dunked once per lesson. I'm not really sure whether I want to continue with these lessons or try and get my money back. Tink will most certainly fail because I cannot handle half the things they want us to do. They try and tell you that it's good to start these things early. But how does it help anything if the kid is traumatized??
Yesterday was our second wedding anniversary. Wow, has it really been 2 years? The calendar says so..and I can definitely see it in some ways. But in others - not at all. Sweet One was supposed to come over and watch Tink while we went out but she has been sick. So we brought the entertainment to us. We ordered Greek take-out and rented some movies.
Have you ever seen Tristan and Isolde? I thought it was appropriate to rent a romantic movie to celebrate Krazy and I's undying love for each other. This film was very violent at times, and oh so tragic! Did not exactly put me in the mood for romance afterwards. Instead I started crying about the hopelessness of it all, and then it turned into a guilty cry over dunking Tink half a dozen times in heavily-chlorinated, cold water. It was a beautiful film visually, but I had a hard time believing that the Isolde character wouldn't fall in love with Rufus Sewell's character over James Franco as Tristan. Franco plays a wicked James Dean and he works as Spiderman's nemesis - but there's no way a girl would choose him over Rufus Sewell. No way!
I better go and call OC Transpo to see if they have my camera. I think I left the stupid thing on the bus. Don't worry, it was an 11-year-old 35mm so nothing of any worth. Except the film is full of adorable pictures of Tink sitting on the Hill!
Tink started his swimming lessons yesterday. And I must say, I was not very impressed with how it went down. We had to dunk our babies in heavily-chlorinated, cold water not once, but half a dozen times! Which Tink absolutely hated, screaming in public for the first time ever. Thank goodness Krazy was with me because I refused to torture my child in that way. I felt justified after speaking with my neighbour who informed me that at her baby's swimming lessons, they only dunked once per lesson. I'm not really sure whether I want to continue with these lessons or try and get my money back. Tink will most certainly fail because I cannot handle half the things they want us to do. They try and tell you that it's good to start these things early. But how does it help anything if the kid is traumatized??
Yesterday was our second wedding anniversary. Wow, has it really been 2 years? The calendar says so..and I can definitely see it in some ways. But in others - not at all. Sweet One was supposed to come over and watch Tink while we went out but she has been sick. So we brought the entertainment to us. We ordered Greek take-out and rented some movies.
Have you ever seen Tristan and Isolde? I thought it was appropriate to rent a romantic movie to celebrate Krazy and I's undying love for each other. This film was very violent at times, and oh so tragic! Did not exactly put me in the mood for romance afterwards. Instead I started crying about the hopelessness of it all, and then it turned into a guilty cry over dunking Tink half a dozen times in heavily-chlorinated, cold water. It was a beautiful film visually, but I had a hard time believing that the Isolde character wouldn't fall in love with Rufus Sewell's character over James Franco as Tristan. Franco plays a wicked James Dean and he works as Spiderman's nemesis - but there's no way a girl would choose him over Rufus Sewell. No way!
I better go and call OC Transpo to see if they have my camera. I think I left the stupid thing on the bus. Don't worry, it was an 11-year-old 35mm so nothing of any worth. Except the film is full of adorable pictures of Tink sitting on the Hill!


6 Comments:
At 8:58 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Mmmmmmmmm Rufus Sewell.
At 3:50 PM,
Melbine said…
Yeah, he's pretty awesome. I can't figure out what exactly it is about him. He seems much more exotic than just a regular Englishman..
At 8:45 AM,
cali said…
I used to teach swimming lessons - and if you don't want to dunk Tink's head in over and over (which seems kind of cruel) then I wouldn't do it, especially if the baby doesn't like it!
Once is more than enough, and if I remember correctly, you only have to perform each task (like head dunking) three times over the entire course to move on to the next level - although I'm sure that is the least of your concerns!
At 12:45 PM,
Melbine said…
Thanks Calisaurus, you make me feel a lot better about my resolve of only one dunk per lesson!
Hey, is your kitty a Russian blue breed? He/she's beautiful!
ps - say hi to your beau for me. :)
At 8:44 AM,
cali said…
I will say hi :o)
And no, he's not a Russian blue although he looks a lot like one! He's just a mutt-kitten from the humane society... notice the little white socks he's wearing on his back paws.
At 12:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
I know nothing about swimming - I think I can keep afloat only because it's so much fun, but Calisaurus sounds right... If kids don't like something, they're not going to do it. If they're afraid of it, they're definitely not going to do it.
Besides, having chlorine in the water is dirty. Lakes are way better and way way nicer.
Post a Comment
<< Home