A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Sunday, June 25, 2006

MidSummer

I have had a wonderful, busy birthday weekend! Highlights from yesterday included an amazing massage during my facial, a surprise visit from Mistress La Spliffe during my afternoon outing with pals downtown, and Krazy ending up buying me the NAC Great Performers series tickets. Hello Yo-Yo Ma! Disappointments included waking up at 4:30 a.m. and not being able to fall back asleep (damn full moon), not finding parking downtown, and Nacho Libre being funny but not theatre-price worthy.

I remember finding out for the first time a few years ago just how much my birthday is celebrated in Québec. It's Fête Nationale, or, St-Jean-Baptiste Day, and it's the most celebrated national holiday there. It always brings me great joy to think of a whole province partying till the sun comes up on my birthday; as if I have something to do with it.

But really, my birth day (the space is intentional) has a long, ancient tradition of being a celebratory day. It's as simple as it sounds too - MidSummer celebrates the middle of summer. Who needs a better reason than that?? I really don't know too much about it, I just like to know things about my day. In case you haven't noticed, I love my birthday!!

Tink has been an angel all weekend too, do you think he understood me when I asked him to be an angel because it's Mommy's birthday? He has had amazing naps, was charming with all my lady friends, and has been doing cute things like squealing at the mall and making big splashes in his pool.

The only thing that didn't go well this weekend was our attempt at trying him on formula. This didn't surprise us considering that he is almost 8 months old and has had perhaps half a dozen bottles that whole time. He's drank probably 10 oz. total of formula, all in the first 2 months when I would just be too exhausted to get up once again in the night. Needless to say, the weaning process will be slow! Which is fine by me, we're in no rush.

Hey - if you're bored, you should count how many times I used the word celebrate!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Tink is a charmer and a half. He made Ms. W's baby, charming though she was, look like a boring little sausage.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Aww, thank you! Of course I agree as every mother thinks that of their own baby I'm sure. ;)

    Back to the grindstone eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home