New Look
Our computer is going to get a face lift when our new monitor arrives next week. Krazy and I's anniversary gift to each other was getting a flat, widescreen monitor instead of the huge monstrosity that we currently have. It started out being what I was going to buy until I realized how much it costs. So it became a joint gift. Krazy has convinced me that a 20" monitor will not seem too big since it's a flat screen so it will be further back. We shall see...
Today during physio I learned that Mountie Man is a fan of Prince as well! Anyone who knows me knows that this scores huge points with me. This takes the sting out of him liking Canadian and American Idol. The moment was dulled by Tink taking a loud dump shortly after our Prince conversation started. Yes, I had to take Tink to my appointment today as it was right before swimming lessons...
And swimming lessons went much, much better today. There was no dunking at all - the girl was more focussed on getting them to understand the feeling of going into and getting out of the water. We also put them on their tummies on boards and let them kick. Tink loved that. He was a much happier boy today. I learned that his swimming trunks aren't as wet-proof as I thought. He actually peed before we got in the water and it made a mess (though I pretended like nothing happened). I refuse to buy those really expensive disposable swimming diapers so we'll just go on pretending if anything else happens in the future. There's a reason that cold pool is so heavily chlorinated right?
I have been noticing more and more how strangely alike having a dog and having a child are. You know how people in dog parks get together with the other people and they discuss their dogs in detail like name, age, and temperament, but know nothing about each other?? It's the same with kids. Today I finally worked up the nerve to add, "And my name's ___" after introducing 'Tink' to Rowan. The mother looked away and mumbled "I'm Lisa" before fully turning her back on me. Did I break some kind of parent protocol or something? So weird.
World Cup final will be between Italy and France. BORING. Sorry.
Today during physio I learned that Mountie Man is a fan of Prince as well! Anyone who knows me knows that this scores huge points with me. This takes the sting out of him liking Canadian and American Idol. The moment was dulled by Tink taking a loud dump shortly after our Prince conversation started. Yes, I had to take Tink to my appointment today as it was right before swimming lessons...
And swimming lessons went much, much better today. There was no dunking at all - the girl was more focussed on getting them to understand the feeling of going into and getting out of the water. We also put them on their tummies on boards and let them kick. Tink loved that. He was a much happier boy today. I learned that his swimming trunks aren't as wet-proof as I thought. He actually peed before we got in the water and it made a mess (though I pretended like nothing happened). I refuse to buy those really expensive disposable swimming diapers so we'll just go on pretending if anything else happens in the future. There's a reason that cold pool is so heavily chlorinated right?
I have been noticing more and more how strangely alike having a dog and having a child are. You know how people in dog parks get together with the other people and they discuss their dogs in detail like name, age, and temperament, but know nothing about each other?? It's the same with kids. Today I finally worked up the nerve to add, "And my name's ___" after introducing 'Tink' to Rowan. The mother looked away and mumbled "I'm Lisa" before fully turning her back on me. Did I break some kind of parent protocol or something? So weird.
World Cup final will be between Italy and France. BORING. Sorry.


9 Comments:
At 7:58 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
It will be HOT.
Hot Italians.
What kind of Lisa names her facking baby Rowan, for god's sake.
At 8:48 AM,
Melbine said…
Fair enough about the Italians being hot.
I don't know. She also showed huge amounts of cleavage in her ill-fitting swimsuit. People should buy things that fit them properly. That's basic wardrobe knowledge isn't it??
At 9:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
Maybe she's using her child not as an accessory the way Brittany does but as the opposite. Maybe she thinks that now that she has a cute hip child she is invisible to others. Maybe that's why when you talked to her directly she didn't know what to do. Not to mention - buying a bathing suit that fits isnt so easy. I have a normal body and it was impossible and way too expensive once I found the one that fit out of probably 30. I couldn't imagine if I had huge amounts of cleavage. But you can disregard all of the above since I have neither a dog nor a kid.
At 12:59 PM,
Melbine said…
Hey, that's a good point about the invisibility factor!
As for the bathing suit, I think it's something that people should invest time and money into if they're going to be wearing it a lot. I have lots of cleavage right now and I manage to keep it in. :)
At 12:59 PM,
Melbine said…
Oh - and hi Amie! Nice to hear from you!
At 7:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
All this cleavage talk.... exciting!
At 12:39 AM,
Anonymous said…
Ha! You believed a guy who works with computers that a 20'' monitor won't look too big. But, big monitors are nice.
Anyway, on a completely unrelated note... It's really cool that you allow anonymous comments, but you should make people who post enter the scrambled letters like La Spliffe does on her blog. Otherwise it's only matter of time before robots that belong to evil advertising people who sold their souls will find your blog and start posting stupid and annoying messages with links to crappy websites that try to sell crap. By having people copy the letters or numbers, you're verifying that it's a real person who is posting the comment and not a robot. It's difficult and maybe impossible to make a program that can recognise the warped character sequence.
At 12:41 AM,
Anonymous said…
And good to hear that the last swimming lesson was good and that Tink had fun. Fun is good.
At 7:03 PM,
Melbine said…
That's very sweet of you to be concerned Jiri! Have no fear though, secret was you-know-who in disguise!! The very same boy that tried to say a 20" monitor wouldn't look too big. :)
I am going to change the configuration though...thanks for the advice!
Post a Comment
<< Home