A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Vaseline is Sticky

Tonight, for the first time in a long time, I had the responsibility of putting Tink to bed. Krazy does this faithfully every night, but tonight he was heading downtown to his best friend's place to chow down on fast food and rent films only two men would enjoy - the final movie in the Godzilla series and the third movie of the Blade series. No offence to Wesley Snipes, but there are so many other better vampire movies...

...anyway, back to putting Tink to bed. Things were going well until I was changing him into his final "has to hold all your pee for 12 hours" diaper. I was slathering his crotch region with vaseline and wondering whether or not he liked the feeling or whether he found it annoying...when he kicked his foot into the jar of vaseline. Ladies and gentlemen, it can take quite some time to get vaseline out from between little infant toes. The only good thing that came out of all of this was that I could tell he enjoyed having his foot covered in vaseline. Which led me to suspect that he enjoys his crotch being covered it in as well.

You know what else is sticky? Wax! For the first time in my life I had my chin area waxed this afternoon. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought, but I had strange after-effects. My chin broke out into hives and went all red. My skin felt like someone had slapped it a number of times; yet it also felt like someone had injected a freezing needle into it. I tipped the lady well because I figure it must be a crappy job, removing people's unwanted facial hair.

I received two birthday cards in the mail today, yay! My mother's card (and cheque) already arrived earlier this week and I have decided to spend my money on new shoes once the orthotics come in. As I get older I find it harder to spend money intended for me, on me. What's with that??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home