A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Finally Some Answers!

Today I saw a chiropedist and have finally understood why my feet and body do the things they do. I have incredibly high arches. I find high-arched feet very pleasing aesthetically. But boy are they a pain in the ass in every other way. Sore feet, sore back, unstable gait, dirty pants from stomping in the rain...the list goes on and on. The chiropedist must have asked me three times if I had ever broken my leg or sprained my ankle. That bad huh? She said, "How do you feel about wearing shoes all the time because you definitely need orthotics!" She also gave some good, technical explanations about why I have chronic sore balls and lower back pain but my brain has already erased those explanations from its memory. Anyway, the orthotics arrive in 2 weeks!

Today is Summer Solstice, first day of Summer. My favourite season - doesn't life seem more bearable in the summer? Is it the extra sunlight? The annual holidays? The swimming, walking, biking, dancing at weddings, bbqs, ice cream cones? All of the above if you ask me! It also means my birthday is very close...

I love my birthday. But you'll hear more about that in the next few days...you'll be sick of it by the time I'm done talking about it.

Today Tink and I played a fun mimic game whereby I would make a high-pitched noise and he would make one back at me! He is so much fun, it's a shame that I have to worry about trying to get him to nap. I'd love if he just stayed up all day with me and we mimicked each other and made fun of people as we walked by them during our afternoon stroll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home