A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Friday, June 23, 2006

What Was I Saying?

I've left this quite late today and I'm oh so tired, but I wanted to just comment on the film we just watched. "The Man Without A Past" is an adorable Finnish movie from 2002 that was very quirky and mellow. I think the Finns have a similar sense of humour to Canadians? I'd have to ask my Finnish friend Blonde Bitch (to borrow La Spliffe's name for her).

It was about a man who gets beaten up and loses all his memory. It made me wonder what I would do if I woke up tomorrow morning, on my birthday of all days, and have no idea who I was. Can you imagine? We define ourselves so much based on our past. Our future too - the man couldn't even open up a bank account because he didn't have a name. I just don't know what I would do. I wouldn't be as calm as the man in the movie was.

Anyway, my mother-in-law, Sweet One, came and visited today and brought a bag full of goodies for my birthday. Krazy's parents spoil me! I was going to wait and open it tomorrow but Krazy convinced me to open it tonight. They got me a pair of Crocs (you know those Australian sandals that are hot right now), some Lindt chocolate, and some hard cold cash for me to buy whatever my little heart desires.

Night-night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home