A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Never Good Enough

For some reason I am intensely demanding of my little Tink. No matter what kind of progress he makes with his sleeping, eating, or development, I'm always thinking that he could be doing better. For example, he is sleeping through the night now and his morning nap is well-established. So what do I do? I get frustrated about his afternoon cat nap(s). Instead of being proud of how far he's come, I get mad. It's horrible and it needs to stop. Without delving into self-psychoanalysis, there are some residual childhood feelings that I need to work through.

Anyway, I was in a foul mood at the end of the day when Tink and I went to pick up Krazy after work. This continued until I dropped the boys off at home and drove to Loblaws. God decided some divine intervention was required to brighten my mood a bit so after I get into the express line, I notice something really, really funny. The woman ahead of me is buying a baguette and the woman ahead of her a huge melon. And me? I've got stuffing and condoms.

Does anyone else find this pretty hilarious?

All of the sexual innuendo did not go unnoticed by me. Maybe I've just got my mind in the gutter. The cashier didn't seem to have a smirk on her face and Krazy didn't seem to find it so funny. Maybe I just need to get out more or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home