A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Monday, June 19, 2006

Bum Bum

This morning when I peeked in on Tink, I saw the cutest thing I have seen in quite some time! He was sleeping in the classic pose of on his tummy with his little bum up in the air! How cute is that, do you remember snoozing in that position? I do. I did that for a long time actually. Then I stopped being so flexible...

So Father's Day was a success yesterday. Krazy was very happy with the hand and foot prints that Tink made for him and our trip to the local pool was great fun. Tink loves the water! I spoke briefly with my father before he headed out to the local antique tractor tour. He has done this for the past number of Father's Days. It is more interesting than it may sound, having gone along with him one time.

The house got whipped into shape again today by the cleaning lady. Wow. That woman deserves straight entrance into Heaven for having to clean our bathroom. She didn't get to it last time she was here and we didn't clean it in the interim. We were repulsed, yet fascinated at just how skanky a bathroom can get. It was probably the most disgusting suburban bathroom she has had to ever clean. She's certainly working hard for her money!

While she was cleaning Tink and I went to the library. I am really getting into the library, for perhaps the first time in my life. We didn't go when I was growing up and not because my parents were Neanderthals. Reading was actually very important in our house, so much so that my Mother spent hard-earned money buying the books so that we had our own library. I had a brief interest in high school but I just wasn't in town that often to get there. Of course when something is mandatory, like it was in university, you grow to despise the place...but now the library is a 5 minute walk away and I've discovered that it has movies! And CDs! Today I took out the films "20h rue Darling" and "The Man Without A Past" (which I suspect I've already seen but I'm sure it's worth seeing again); some cassettes on how to speak Dutch since they're very hard to find; and the latest Jane Urquhart.

And that's been the last day or two in my world. How 'bout yours?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    I *lurve* the Toronto library, it has so very many things and you can order any book from any branch for free.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, I haven't even gone on-line yet to see what I can get in from all the other branches in the city. Awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home