Hallo van Nederland
No, I am not writing from Holland. I've just been thinking about it lots lately. Not just because of seeing lots of Dutch people at the Football World Cup, but my Oma just returned a few days ago from visiting her siblings and my Opa's family. I love the Netherlands. If I hadn't met Krazy, my intentions were to go there under the pretenses of minding some wealthy family's children, but really I wanted to fall in love. Marry a Dutch man and re-establish my family's presence there. Things worked out the way they were supposed to, but still...
...do you ever play the what-if game over decisions you made? Sure you do. I don't do it very often, but it can be fun. It can get excessive though. One time I made it all the way back to, what if my great-grandparents hadn't met, what kind of life would I have had? Then I start thinking about complex things like free will vs. destiny and I try to remember the things I learnt in university from the great Western thinkers.
Then my brain gives up due to impending implosion and I go back to wondering what Sting is really like. Or what I should buy for the three weddings we have to go to this summer. Or how I can dispose of the groundhogs in our backyard.
...do you ever play the what-if game over decisions you made? Sure you do. I don't do it very often, but it can be fun. It can get excessive though. One time I made it all the way back to, what if my great-grandparents hadn't met, what kind of life would I have had? Then I start thinking about complex things like free will vs. destiny and I try to remember the things I learnt in university from the great Western thinkers.
Then my brain gives up due to impending implosion and I go back to wondering what Sting is really like. Or what I should buy for the three weddings we have to go to this summer. Or how I can dispose of the groundhogs in our backyard.


3 Comments:
At 9:27 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
I like what-if games. I believe in a very visualized way that I don't think about too much that there are an infinity of mes, all doing their thing from where we split. Some of them are dead. Some of them are married to an Italian prostitute. Some of them carry a sub-machine gun.
It can go a little far, can't it?
At 11:55 AM,
Melbine said…
That's a very cool what-if game you play. It can definitely go a little far, you can drive yourself crazy.
Just curious, which one of your mes would have ended up with an Italian prostitute?!
At 1:09 PM,
Melbine said…
Whoa - that dude in Pinerolo was a prostitute?? I don't think I knew that!
Post a Comment
<< Home