A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sneezes and Crushes

No - I do not have a cold. For some reason, my little baby goes absolutely wild with giggles when I pretend to sneeze. The more expressive the choo, the better. It is so completely cute and sweet and innocent. My favourite sound used to be rain falling on windowpanes. The sound of my baby laughing easily surpasses that.

I have less than one hundred pages left of Sting's memoirs. I heard once that his song Don't Stand So Close To Me, you know, the one about the teacher and the student, was semi-autobiographical. This cannot be true based on his memoirs. He was only a teacher for a year or two and taught eight and nine year olds. He was also with his future first wife at the time as well. Not to say that maybe some pretty upper year student didn't catch his eye. But the song certainly is not based on anything that happened to Sting himself. Another thing. The name - I was expecting a different explanation for it. In his early twenties, one of his fellow band members (no one you would know) teased him by calling him "Sting" because of a yellow and black striped sweater he was wearing. The name stuck and the rest is, as they say, history.

In case you haven't noticed, I've become completely enamoured with Sting. I mean, I was a little bit before. I've been buying his music since Ten Summoner's Tales. This always happens to me when I read someone's memoirs or autobiography or even biography. Bob Rae in high school, Pope John Paul II a few years ago. I don't even want to comtemplate the ramifications of crushing on a pope. How does that work??

2 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    So do you like Bob Rae for the Liberal leadership?

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Go Bob! I didn't know that actually!

    I don't think he'll win becuse too many people think he did an evil job as premiere..but I'd vote for him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home