A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays...

...always get me down. Man, the Carpenters had it right. Mondays put me in a foul mood, mostly because Krazy is around all weekend to help out with Tink etc. and then he wakes up Monday morning and trudges off to cubicle land for the week. I'm in a much better mood now. Tuesdays are good for that. Also, I think Tink must have sensed my cry-it-out threat because last night he slept solidly from 7:30 p.m. until 5:50 a.m.! Glory, glory halleluijah! Today he has fallen asleep for his naps within five minutes. Sweet, blessed boy. All is right with the world.

I am hoping that I will eventually not have to spend all my time writing about my seven month old's sleeping habits as there are lots of other fun things I could be blathering on about!

For example, my birthday is in two and a half weeks and I am torn between a few things I would like. I have made it very clear to Krazy that I am interested in seeing Yo-Yo Ma at the NAC in the fall. However, I have also made it very clear that it is time for a new camera. A REAL camera, none of that digital crap, handy though they may be. But we cannot afford both. Really, we can't afford Yo-Yo Ma at all since the best chance of getting seats are to just buy the whole series. Sigh.

I suppose I should just pretend the NAC didn't mail me the seductive pamphlet about Yo-Yo Ma and other fabulous people coming to Ottawa. I've done it before. Like when I pretended that I didn't know that Engelbert Humperdinck was going to be across the bridge at the casino. Oh Engelbert - what do you even really sing anyway??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home