A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Friday, June 09, 2006

Who Cares?

So...I've been doing this a little over a week now and already today it feels like a bit of a chore to sit down at the computer and compose something interesting and mildly witty for mostly myself and a handful of people to read. Wow, that was a really long first sentence.

Anyway, I sit here completely exhausted, which is bizarre. I have gotten more sleep this week than I have in the last 9 months (when you count the last 2 months of my pregnancy). Is this my body becoming greedy after a taste of a few restful nights? Good Lord, I still need it to be pumped full of the hormones necessary to handle lack of sleep - it will probably be 20-25 years before it won't need to be on child alert. Assuming I have the big family I want to have..

I actually called this post "Who Cares?" because, for some reason, CNN's website has decided that the life of Britney Spears' male nanny is front page news.

WHO CARES?? I think I am getting old. I used to find that stuff interesting. Now it drives me crazy. But I read it anyway. I'm pathetic.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Don't write when it feels like a chore, sweetie. I just write every day because it seems like I live in front of computers and writing is better than reading gossip columns when I don't want to do what I'm supposed to be doing on them.

    Hope your weekend is going swimmingly.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Good point! Oh yes, I remember the days of reading gossip columns instead of working. I could easily waste the first hour of my day sometimes...

    Weekend's going quite swimmingly actually, besides the poopy weather. Bought some flowers, went to the bakery, lovingly washed up some of Tink's winter blankets..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home