Lord Help Me
My baby Tink is testing my limits. He is a horrible napper. Apparently this is karma as my mother tells me that I was also a horrible napper. Out of her six children, I cut out naps the earliest. I also cut out diapers the earliest and learned to walk the earliest. Really, it must be a sign of intelligence. However, according to my multitude of literature by all the sleep experts of North America, Tink is not getting enough sleep. He is only getting about half of the required daytime sleep. A nap less than an hour is not considered "restorative".
There I am, getting infuriated with each passing minute, trying to put Tink back to sleep after his usual half hour nap. He thinks it's funny. I don't. If I had not read these books recommended to me by his pediatrician and bought with good intentions by my mother-in-law, I would think that he must just not need as much sleep. He is certainly an alert and happy baby otherwise. Why am I letting these experts control us?? It is starting to ruin my relationship with Tink because he is not following the books to a T like I think he should.
My mother never worried whether I got enough sleep during the day. She would just put me in the crib for an hour and if I slept, bonus. I did not develop ADHD or become a miserable wretch.
Stupid books.
There I am, getting infuriated with each passing minute, trying to put Tink back to sleep after his usual half hour nap. He thinks it's funny. I don't. If I had not read these books recommended to me by his pediatrician and bought with good intentions by my mother-in-law, I would think that he must just not need as much sleep. He is certainly an alert and happy baby otherwise. Why am I letting these experts control us?? It is starting to ruin my relationship with Tink because he is not following the books to a T like I think he should.
My mother never worried whether I got enough sleep during the day. She would just put me in the crib for an hour and if I slept, bonus. I did not develop ADHD or become a miserable wretch.
Stupid books.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home