A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thou Shalt Not Steal

This afternoon, when I was out walking Tink in the neighbourhood, I noticed some beautiful trellises at a house a mere block away from ours. Boy was I fuming! I recognized them instantly. A while back, some bitchy woman stole them from right out under me as I went to confirm with a sales person that they were the ones on sale. She was real mean about it when I came back too. I know, it’s not stealing like taking them off of our property. But it’s stealing in my books.

Speaking of stealing, I have stolen a nickel from Unicef. They mailed a “send us your money” packet and included a nickel. I am not going to donate to them, but I will keep the nickel. Before you question my morality, please know that I regularly contribute to a number of charities! Unfortunately, the first time I ever sent money, I neglected to check that little box that says “please keep my personal information private and AWAY from other likewise charities”. So now I get a weekly influx of beggars. I decide on three per year, and along with friends asking me to donate while they walk for breast cancer etc., I easily donate over $100/year. I’m not bragging, just trying to not sound so dirty for keeping the Unicef nickel.

Tink slept another 10 and a half hours in a row. He is now fully weaned off of his night nursing and is well on his way to getting the little “Sleeps through the night” sticker for his calendar!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    No - I didn't hear that!! What the hell? Yeah, like mailing everyone nickels is a better idea. I didn't like doing that, but I appreciated the concept behind it definitely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home