I'm Still Here
It's now been a solid week since I posted here and there are a couple of reasons why. First is that I generally don't post on the weekend and I don't post when I've been working all day. This week I worked the first three days of the week, hence no posts. This is because things are simply chaotic when I'm out working and when I get home I fully enjoy my two hours with Tink before his bedtime and then I'm already thinking about what I need to get organized for him and I the next day.
The other reason is that I am becoming increasingly addicted to facebook. Every day there are new people that I am re-connecting with and it's really nice. I was very surprised a few days ago to find a friend request from a girl that didn't pay much attention to me at all in high school. She was nice enough but her posse of friends included all of the 'cool' kids so we didn't cross paths too much. I was pretty wary of adding her because I wasn't sure of her intentions, but it seems like she just really enjoys facebook and finding out how people are doing. She sent a very nice message and I'm glad that I added her. Facebook is like attending a high school reunion without having to physically go and attend a high school reunion. It's more than that too, but that aspect of it is nice. Most of the time...
...somehow March turned into a very busy month for us, as I know it is for lots of you out there. We have something planned for most days on the weekends and my Oma Bear is coming for a 4-5 day visit beginning next Wednesday. Nelbine moves back home in two weeks and sista-in-law (remind me if I've created an alias for her) and her beau move to Amsterdam at the end of the month. We'll be seeing them the last two weekends in March. Throw in a wedding reception and a birthday (the big 2-9 for Mr. C) and never a dull day there will be!
The other reason is that I am becoming increasingly addicted to facebook. Every day there are new people that I am re-connecting with and it's really nice. I was very surprised a few days ago to find a friend request from a girl that didn't pay much attention to me at all in high school. She was nice enough but her posse of friends included all of the 'cool' kids so we didn't cross paths too much. I was pretty wary of adding her because I wasn't sure of her intentions, but it seems like she just really enjoys facebook and finding out how people are doing. She sent a very nice message and I'm glad that I added her. Facebook is like attending a high school reunion without having to physically go and attend a high school reunion. It's more than that too, but that aspect of it is nice. Most of the time...
...somehow March turned into a very busy month for us, as I know it is for lots of you out there. We have something planned for most days on the weekends and my Oma Bear is coming for a 4-5 day visit beginning next Wednesday. Nelbine moves back home in two weeks and sista-in-law (remind me if I've created an alias for her) and her beau move to Amsterdam at the end of the month. We'll be seeing them the last two weekends in March. Throw in a wedding reception and a birthday (the big 2-9 for Mr. C) and never a dull day there will be!


4 Comments:
At 6:13 PM,
Melbine said…
Yes, I didn't give it near enough credit when I first signed up a month ago. It does appear to cover most of the bases - messages are like e-mail, the wall is like msn, and the notes are like blog posts. Damn it!
At 6:15 PM,
Melbine said…
Not to mention that the photo albums are like flickr. All in one shot!
At 10:09 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Hmmmm. I thought facebook was what was coming between you and your blog.
At 10:54 AM,
Melbine said…
The week off actually did have more to do with the fact that I worked last Friday, then it was the weekend, and then I worked 3 days in a row. But yes, I could have written in the evening instead of surfing in facebook. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home