A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Who's The Baby Now?

Against my own wishes, I balled like a baby at the sitter's house today when she asked how I was doing. I think she noticed the puffiness around my eyes when I came back after leaving Tink there for an hour. Then she had to get kleenex and console me, "Yes, you have been with him 24/7 all this time and yes, it is hard to leave him with someone you don't know." I was mostly holding it in until she asked and I hate losing it in front of people but I could feel it welling up and there was no stopping it. As for Tink, he had a fabulous time and already has one of the little girls dazzled by him.

I now realize how truly horrible Monday is going to be - if I couldn't wait to pick Tink up after an hour today? And I kept myself busy too, going to the post office and getting my eyebrows threaded. I made sure that I wasn't just sitting at home with nothing to do. I know it will get better and better, but let me have my grief in peace.

On a lighter note, it was lots of fun to spend an hour with the little kids. They were constantly making me laugh and it was cute to watch Spencer slowly open up to the others until he was toddling around after them. Cute, but also sad because he started out sticking very close to me and he ended up not even noticing when I left or when I got back.

Oh man, I think I better go and grab some kleenex...

4 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Aw. I'm sure you wouldn't have let yourself be demonstrative if the lady in question hadn't been so sympathetic . . . I bet she understood.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yes, she is a very sweet and empathetic woman. Perfect for watching my son 2 days/week!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    I hope you're doing okay today, Melbine.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Thanks Sugarplum, today went much better than I hoped!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home