A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Missing This

You have probably noticed that since I have gone back to work that I haven't been posting very much. This is because I tried to go on blogger once at work and this restricted warning came up so I never pursued it any further. I was able to pull up Mistress' blog, but the warning came up anyway and in my paranoid frame of mind, I didn't want some kind of report going to IT that I was fooling around on the Internet instead of fixing up records on their slow and clunky database. The section that I am working for, Intellectual Control Services, is very different from the previous two sections I have worked for. Most people don't want to do this kind of work because it's pretty dry and involves making sure that everything is tidy and proper in the database. I love to make sure that things are tidy and proper so it seems like a good fit so far. But still, I can appreciate why some people wouldn't work in this section even if they could get a permanent job there. My thinking is that, if they want to pay me the kind of money they're paying me to link records and tidy up the database messes, then I'm not going to turn it down!

Anyway, Tink is sick and usually right now we'd be on our way to his swimming lesson but we've decided to forego the chlorine and cold water this week so that he can lay (lie? I never know) low and get better. His day with Sweet One yesterday went well, I think? He didn't nap very long for her, apparently, but she likes to check on him frequently and I suspect that he saw or heard her and then it's game over with that boy. He is way too alert to just shut his brain off if he's gotten a glimpse of you!

Have a great weekend everyone.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Have a great weekend too - hope the angel get better soon.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    He's definitely on the mend, just has a wicked cough. He's in good spirits!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    I'm glad to hear you are adjusting to being at work and that you're doing something you enjoy.

    I got my shoes this weekend so I can bring them to the seamstress this weekend.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger cali said…

    I think it's lay down. I'd have to check haha.

    Here we go:
    Lie and lay are two of the most confusing words to use properly in writing. Understanding the different forms of these words will help you to develop well-constructed and meaningful ideas.

    Lie and lay are both verbs, but the difference is that lay is a transitive verb meaning “to put down”; it requires a direct object. Lie is an intransitive verb meaning “to recline”; it takes a subject but not a direct object. Each verb has its own conjugated forms.

    Use lie and its forms when referring back to the subject of a sentence.

    Ex: Mike lies down to a nap every afternoon.
    Ex: Yesterday, Mike lay in bed all day.
    Ex: Mike has lain in the tent for weeks.
    Ex: Mike is lying over there.

    **Notice how all forms of lie refer back to Mike (subject).

    Use lay and its forms when it “takes” a direct object within the sentence. In other words, you lay/laid/laid/laying SOMETHING down (some object).

    Ex: The workers are ready to lay the cement. [Notice here that the object is cement.]
    Ex: Mike laid the papers on the table. [Here the object is papers.]
    Ex: Mike has laid the report on my desk. [Report is the object in this sentence.]
    Ex: Laying his keys down, Mike looked tired. [The object in this sentence is keys.]

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Whoa, my head hurts after reading that explanation. I think I got it though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home