Who Knew?
Well, for everyone wondering, my first day back at work since October 26, 2005 went very well! I was very pleased to discover that I had made my peace with the decision and that I felt very comfortable taking Tink to a near-stranger's house for the day. I think it was a combination of being focussed on the commute and being kept busy at work and crying all my tears last week. I wasn't even trying to be strong or stoic, I just felt good today. Do I hear applause in the background?
I called in the afternoon to see how things were going and the caregiver (let's call her Mother Goose) said that Tink was having lots of fun and was doing really well. He crashed for his nap, which was my main concern, and she had to wake him up after it had been over 2 hours! He rarely does that here - I think he's going to get tired out there!
I was pleased with the commute time, it was 35 minutes each way and it was a beautiful sunny day to start this new phase of my life. I enjoyed the work that I started to do and I'm practically salivating at the prospect of some pay cheques. It is certainly going to make the days go quicker - and I already thought they went quick!
Anyway, who knew that it was going to this easy? Am I in denial or something?
I called in the afternoon to see how things were going and the caregiver (let's call her Mother Goose) said that Tink was having lots of fun and was doing really well. He crashed for his nap, which was my main concern, and she had to wake him up after it had been over 2 hours! He rarely does that here - I think he's going to get tired out there!
I was pleased with the commute time, it was 35 minutes each way and it was a beautiful sunny day to start this new phase of my life. I enjoyed the work that I started to do and I'm practically salivating at the prospect of some pay cheques. It is certainly going to make the days go quicker - and I already thought they went quick!
Anyway, who knew that it was going to this easy? Am I in denial or something?


4 Comments:
At 8:07 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
I bet you're not in denial - you were just thinking the worst and things turned out really nice so far!
At 9:24 PM,
Melbine said…
Yes, thank goodness! I don't need the stress of worrying about Tink.
At 3:21 AM,
katrina said…
congrats :-) I'm happy to hear that everything's going so well!!
At 12:24 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Yay for Melbine and Tink!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home