A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm Getting Too Old For This

Yesterday's fasting for Ash Wednesday was a real struggle and I think I'm ready to acknowledge that I can't do it anymore. It made me cranky and I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible indigestion cramps. Besides, not too many Catholics are so hardcore as to only eat crackers and water while fasting. Lots of people just don't eat meat and try and eat moderately. I don't know why my father made us do the whole intense fasting thing - but it's not going to be a tradition I carry on for myself as an adult, or my family.

Anyway, Krazy was hurt that I didn't mention on here that he was home sick yesterday so I am officially announcing that Krazy was home sick from work yesterday. He had a horrible fever all day and puked ferociously in the afternoon.

Last night we bought a 42" plasma television and it gets delivered next Friday. Nelbine and Mr. Roboto are buying our old non-flat screen one so everything is in order! It wasn't in our plans or budget to do this but it's going to make the room so much prettier and I've been in a resale frame of mind lately. Something to do...

...I'm going to leave you with a list of all of the albums that I've lost or damaged over the years. I do intend to replace them all one day, or get them back from whomever has my copy:

1. Waking Up the Neighbours - Bryan Adams (our dog literally ate it!)

2. Dance Mix '92 - Muchmusic (I have no idea where it is)

3. The Bliss Album...? - P.M. Dawn (that damn dog...)

4. Born on a Pirate's Ship - Barenaked Ladies (I still insist that J*Fish has this!)

5. Big Willie Style - Will Smith (the victim of a theft at one of my house parties)

6. Best of KC & the Sunshine Band - KC & the Sunshine Band (ok, this doesn't really count because I gave it to Mr. S for a birthday gift, but I still need my own copy)

7. Violator - Depeche Mode (I loaned it to a friend and he lost it!)

That's all I can think of right now but I bet there's more. Oh the tragedy!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    They say that a certain amount of fasting is good for the body but I know I need food regularly or I feel quite sick. You could always do a liquid only fast where you juice fruits and veg all day or a fast where you eat nothing but brown rice and veg. These are cleansing and make you feel clean after a day - but you can eat all you want. There is a reason why fasting is part of most religious traditions.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Oh I'm sure that fasting is quite good for the body in a lot of sense but you have to do it smartly and properly. I did definitely not do this!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    I think he does have it, I'm pretty sure I saw it on his rack when we were living together.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, but I bet he would say it's his, that he bought it somewhere..little stinker!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    By the way, I'm really touched you sent me KC's hits when they were missing from your own collection.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home