Valentine's Day etc.
Now that the fresh excitement of going back to work has worn off, I can get back to my normal writing and whining. Today is Valentine's Day and we had the grandparents booked to come over so we could go out but I suspect they won't feel comfortable driving over tonight. Fair enough, I understand. I think we'll end up with take-out and maybe I can convince Krazy to watch one of the romantic movies that I own. Hmm..do I have any? Maybe Besieged might work...
Last night we watched Childstar and it was a nice mix of comedy and drama. It wasn't Don McKellar's best film, but I completely understood his message. Society messes up child stars and then we don't bother trying to help them make some sense of their life. Anyway, CBC wrote up a nice review if you want a more comprehensive critique.
Nothing much else going on - one of my co-worker friends has surprised everyone by getting hitched in St. Lucia (it happens tomorrow)! We all got invites in the mail to show up at SAW Gallery in a few weeks for a reception! We heard great news from other friends that they're expecting their second child this August. And yesterday I got a whole shitload of family history on my maternal grandfather's side from a distant relative's husband. I'm looking forward to making sense of it all.
That's it and that's all. I'm taking suggestions for take-out ideas!
Last night we watched Childstar and it was a nice mix of comedy and drama. It wasn't Don McKellar's best film, but I completely understood his message. Society messes up child stars and then we don't bother trying to help them make some sense of their life. Anyway, CBC wrote up a nice review if you want a more comprehensive critique.
Nothing much else going on - one of my co-worker friends has surprised everyone by getting hitched in St. Lucia (it happens tomorrow)! We all got invites in the mail to show up at SAW Gallery in a few weeks for a reception! We heard great news from other friends that they're expecting their second child this August. And yesterday I got a whole shitload of family history on my maternal grandfather's side from a distant relative's husband. I'm looking forward to making sense of it all.
That's it and that's all. I'm taking suggestions for take-out ideas!


7 Comments:
At 1:38 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Sushi! It's finger-food so you can feed it to each other, and it's full of zinc so it's like an aphrodisiac.
At 1:47 PM,
Melbine said…
Rar! The only problem is, Krazy and I can't stomach fish!
At 2:54 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
You should have something spicy, then, that's like an aphrodisiac too. How about Korean?
At 3:27 PM,
Sugarplum said…
You're telling me you can get more than just pizza and chinese take out?
Melbine and Krazy can't have spicy but I love Korean. Loved, I guess.
At 4:48 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
You can get anything take-out, can't you? You can in Toronto, anyways. I bet you'll like it here, it's full of Korean food!
At 10:19 AM,
Melbine said…
Sadly Sugarplum's right - there are a few other options but you have to drive further for them. We did end up with a really sweet panini-like pizza from a great place called Tomaso. Mm.
At 12:40 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Sounds delightful.
Post a Comment
<< Home