Guess What I'm Going to Write About?
SNOW DAY! I love days like this, mostly because I have a nice warm house to be cozy in with my son. Even if I had been scheduled to work today I wouldn't have made the commute to Gatineau. One of my co-workers is from Halifax and her and I are both amazed at the way lots of Ontario cities try and plow on with life as if Mother Nature isn't trying to tell everyone to stay inside. My home county knows better, they just close all the roads and highways.
Anyway, yucky weather means our informal dinner party is cancelled for tonight. I suspected this even 24 hours ago but we all decided to see what today would bring. And, it brought exactly what I thought it would. Now I've got lots of food in the fridge, which is good because we're not going grocery shopping anytime soon! Looks like March is coming in like a lion this year.
Today is Ms. P's birthday but I haven't called her yet because she's three hours behind. I hope she's having a good day! Another one of my friends has joined the 29 club. She's not eager to be reminded of this but I think it's fabulous (if you ask me). Life has gotten better and better for me every year; I can't wait to see what the next 10 will bring...
Anyway, yucky weather means our informal dinner party is cancelled for tonight. I suspected this even 24 hours ago but we all decided to see what today would bring. And, it brought exactly what I thought it would. Now I've got lots of food in the fridge, which is good because we're not going grocery shopping anytime soon! Looks like March is coming in like a lion this year.
Today is Ms. P's birthday but I haven't called her yet because she's three hours behind. I hope she's having a good day! Another one of my friends has joined the 29 club. She's not eager to be reminded of this but I think it's fabulous (if you ask me). Life has gotten better and better for me every year; I can't wait to see what the next 10 will bring...


3 Comments:
At 1:50 PM,
Sugarplum said…
When you say home country it sounds like you're not from Canada. I guess you can't exactly call it your home town ... (I'm such an editor!)
At 6:59 PM,
Melbine said…
Well Miss Editor, you should read it again because I wrote home county, not country!! Honestly though, sometimes it seems like another country. :)
At 10:58 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
In England, they call Yorkshire and whatnot "North Country" sometimes, and it does feel like another country.
In fact sometimes it feels like all the bits of England have in common, language included, is the Queen or some such continuing to own all the prime real estate throughout.
Post a Comment
<< Home