It's All Good
Honest to goodness, I do believe that I had a mini-panic attack yesterday afternoon as the time got closer and closer to head to the airport. I've never been too nervous of a flyer, though the morbid death thoughts cross my mind occasionally. But there is something very different about putting your precious offspring on a plane. I know, I put him at risk every time he goes in the car, but I just didn't like the idea of going thousands of feet into the air with him. Anyway, the flight was a success, we got in early, and Tink was a dream traveller. Anyone at the Ottawa or Toronto airports yesterday will probably remember the little guy in the stroller double waving and yelling 'hey!' to everyone.
Things have been good at home as well. Of course, the chaos of the holiday season hasn't begun yet, but so far so good. Tink slept all night without a peep and woke up all cheery this morning, not too concerned that he was in a completely different place than the day before. Whether he'll nap now that he can see he's in a fun and exciting new room is another story. But that's okay.
I've even got some free time to write this post. It's all good baby, it's all good.
Things have been good at home as well. Of course, the chaos of the holiday season hasn't begun yet, but so far so good. Tink slept all night without a peep and woke up all cheery this morning, not too concerned that he was in a completely different place than the day before. Whether he'll nap now that he can see he's in a fun and exciting new room is another story. But that's okay.
I've even got some free time to write this post. It's all good baby, it's all good.


4 Comments:
At 2:29 PM,
Sugarplum said…
I'm glad to hear the trip went well. You've got a charmer on your hands, that's for sure.
At 3:36 PM,
Melbine said…
Yeah, and he even took a 1.25 hr. nap this aft.! I'm glad he's settled in nicely.
How's the jacket progress??
At 5:57 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Aw, Tink slays. I was hoping aeroplanes would get less scary with age but I forgot how nerve wracking it will be to bring a little person on one of those death machines!
At 9:44 AM,
Sugarplum said…
I doubt I will have it done for Wednesday. I put the sleeves on last night and I have to do the lining and the facing (basically the outside is pretty much done but now I have to do the inside which is going to be a lot of work but maybe a bit easier than the outside was). We're going to the NAC tonight so I won't have much time to work on it. Well, I'm going to bring a half finished jacket and see what happens. I'll at least pass the course and I think that will be good enough for me at this point.
Post a Comment
<< Home