It's Still All Good...Mostly
A lot has changed in the last 24 hours, namely that I severely broke my left baby toe with an additional fracture underneath the digit. Caution - I know that Ms. D has an issue with toe violence so she might want to avoid this post!
It all started with trying to avoid the setting off the carbon monoxide detector. Tink was heading for the test button (it's plugged in at floor level in the dining room) so I thought I should fly across the kitchen to prevent it. The high chair had different plans for me. This resulted in a strange feeling in my left foot and when I took off my sock, I noticed that my toe was pointing west instead of north. It was quite fascinating really, and though my Mom thinks I went into shock, I think I was really curious and taken with this feat. An hour later x-rays confirmed what the whole world knew - I had badly broken my toe! This was followed by horrendous freezing needles and then some re-positioning by the doctor (who had gorgeous blue eyes I might add). There's nothing to be done for a broken toe except tape it up beside the next toe and hope for the best. These bones heal quickly apparently, but not without some major hobbling, bruising, and, did I mention pain??
Anyway, Krazy thinks I might have jinxed things by having such a smugly happy post yesterday. The idea that things are going almost too well...I don't know about that. It may be so, but it meant that my Mom got to stay home today and spend time with Tink while I got to generally relax and not feel guilty about it. Maybe this is really just a continuation of the good life. Minus the freezing needles because no one should have to deal with that. Really, if something is going to cause serious pain so that other serious pain could be avoided - what's the difference? Hmm...maybe I should answer that after getting my toe pulled back into a north direction from a west direction MINUS the freezing of my toe.
I really, really wanted to take a picture of my toe before I left for the emergency room but my Mom thought that was bizarre. Considering the novelty I was at the hospital, she has since said that we should have taken a picture after all. If you're lucky, maybe I'll post a picture of the bruised, mottled mess that my foot has become today!
It all started with trying to avoid the setting off the carbon monoxide detector. Tink was heading for the test button (it's plugged in at floor level in the dining room) so I thought I should fly across the kitchen to prevent it. The high chair had different plans for me. This resulted in a strange feeling in my left foot and when I took off my sock, I noticed that my toe was pointing west instead of north. It was quite fascinating really, and though my Mom thinks I went into shock, I think I was really curious and taken with this feat. An hour later x-rays confirmed what the whole world knew - I had badly broken my toe! This was followed by horrendous freezing needles and then some re-positioning by the doctor (who had gorgeous blue eyes I might add). There's nothing to be done for a broken toe except tape it up beside the next toe and hope for the best. These bones heal quickly apparently, but not without some major hobbling, bruising, and, did I mention pain??
Anyway, Krazy thinks I might have jinxed things by having such a smugly happy post yesterday. The idea that things are going almost too well...I don't know about that. It may be so, but it meant that my Mom got to stay home today and spend time with Tink while I got to generally relax and not feel guilty about it. Maybe this is really just a continuation of the good life. Minus the freezing needles because no one should have to deal with that. Really, if something is going to cause serious pain so that other serious pain could be avoided - what's the difference? Hmm...maybe I should answer that after getting my toe pulled back into a north direction from a west direction MINUS the freezing of my toe.
I really, really wanted to take a picture of my toe before I left for the emergency room but my Mom thought that was bizarre. Considering the novelty I was at the hospital, she has since said that we should have taken a picture after all. If you're lucky, maybe I'll post a picture of the bruised, mottled mess that my foot has become today!


4 Comments:
At 7:30 AM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Oh boy! Bruised and mottled mess! Bring it!
Well, I'm sorry, honey, but since you don't sound too distressed or pained I'll just imagine what your blue eyed doctor looked like.
At 8:18 AM,
katrina said…
Sending my sympathy... and advising you to totally be a sucky-baby while you've got family (i.e. a mom) around to baby you a bit :-)
At 9:22 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Whatever it takes for a little peace, eh?! Well, good thing you were at home. (I don't think you can jinx yourself by being too happy.)
At 7:18 PM,
Melbine said…
I've totally milked it while Mommy's around. Things are much better today, I'm sure I'll be mostly back to normal by the weekend. Funny how you can severely broke a bone and it heals in a week or it can take months!
Post a Comment
<< Home