A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dropped Like A Hot Potato

Our cleaning lady has up and found herself an office job! She called last night to apologize for not letting us know and she's returning our key this week. All's well that ends well I suppose. I was planning on asking her to consider cutting back because we can't afford it if I'm not going back to work.

Anyhoo, Halloween is coming up and I have been so good so far. I have been avoiding the mountains of candy in the store. Until this weekend. I thought I'd be able to hold off on opening up the shit for 10 days. No, no - I have been popping about 10 rolls of rockets a day. I love those things so much, good thing we bought a 4 lb. bag of them! Oh, and I promise I will post a picture of Tink in his costume but I am not going to reveal the surprise just yet!

I have been reading a book on the history of cattle, the Angus-Aberdeen breed in particular. It has been a horrible read so far and I wasn't even going to bother mentioning it but I thought I should spare anyone else the pain (in case you thought it was high time you got caught up on your bovine history). The book is called A Cow's Life and it's by M.R. Montgomery. Okay, first of all, only authors like A.S. Byatt are actually worthy of keeping their names a secret. This guy has a clear bias towards Angus cattle and a clear bias against Holsteins. What the hell?? What kind of life do you lead that you actually harbour resentment against a certain breed of cattle? And other breeds are not the only ones torn apart. He has managed to insult every other barnyard creature within the first 40 pages. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this one.

Sweet One was kind enough to come over this morning and keep Tink occupied so that I could get some vacuuming done. I don't mind taking over the cleaning duties, but I will not be doing it all in one shot like the cleaning lady. Tuesdays will be vacuum day. Maybe tomorrow will be bathroom day....

4 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One benefit of this new cleaning approach is that the cuteness of the person cleaning is dramatically improved. ;)

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This suggests that there was cuteness in the previous cleaning person, and that you noted said cuteness, Krazy. Is this a fact?
    JS

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well looking at relative cuteness, Melbine would have to be a 10 and the previous cleaner would be approximately a -6 or so.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Aw, she wasn't that bad Krazy! More like a 6 I'd say..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home