Baby Digs Sweets
I tried to write on this last night but I couldn't connect for some reason.
Anyhoo, I came to some startling conclusions yesterday about my offspring. My God we're alike! It's nothing earth shattering, but I gave him his first taste of chocolate (first time sanctioned by me anyway) and Tink gave his enthusiastic "MMMMM!" of approval. This is the exact same reaction to every bite of chocolate that I have! Then the song Phenomenon by L.L. Cool J came on the radio and we both started bopping - at the exact same time! Finally, apparently we are both prone to the some cold viruses as we are suffering from the exact same cold. Strangely enough, Krazy has actually not gotten sick. Usually I am the immune one...
I am starting to get very excited for Tink's first birthday, now that I have gotten over the shock and dismay of him getting older. This will be his champagne birthday too, heh heh. No, I will not give him alcohol, but wouldn't that be funny? Obviously I'm not being serious in case you are considering calling Children's Aid on me.
I was very excited to watch Ms. D on CTV Newsnet yesterday but she got pre-empted by Bush giving his lecture to North Korea. Then I had to feed Tink lunch and I missed her interview, which came after the lecture. Being an environmental lobbyist, she was there to discuss the Tories' new Green Plan (see Sugarplum's post yesterday for her thoughts on the subject!). I haven't talked to Ms. D recently, but I'd love to hear how she think things went. I heard the news via Krazy, so I might not even be right that that's why she was on the show in the first place.
Hmmm, what else is new? Oh - I am in trouble with the Oma Bear! Apparently she is not happy that I didn't call her in September while I was chumming around with Nelbine. Here is the problem though, the woman does not know how to retrieve her phone messages! So even when I do call and leave a message, she doesn't think I've thought about her unless we manage to make contact. Sigh. She spoke with Krazy while I was out (at Nelbine's no less) and accused me of not calling for 2 months! Silly Dutch woman, I was still at home visiting 2 months ago...
The last thing I'd like to blather on about is that I have an eye appointment for early December and I am really hoping that the doctor has something helpful to say about my blepharitis. It's really flaring up and I might have to resort to some intensive treatment. It's a huge pain...literally...
Anyhoo, I came to some startling conclusions yesterday about my offspring. My God we're alike! It's nothing earth shattering, but I gave him his first taste of chocolate (first time sanctioned by me anyway) and Tink gave his enthusiastic "MMMMM!" of approval. This is the exact same reaction to every bite of chocolate that I have! Then the song Phenomenon by L.L. Cool J came on the radio and we both started bopping - at the exact same time! Finally, apparently we are both prone to the some cold viruses as we are suffering from the exact same cold. Strangely enough, Krazy has actually not gotten sick. Usually I am the immune one...
I am starting to get very excited for Tink's first birthday, now that I have gotten over the shock and dismay of him getting older. This will be his champagne birthday too, heh heh. No, I will not give him alcohol, but wouldn't that be funny? Obviously I'm not being serious in case you are considering calling Children's Aid on me.
I was very excited to watch Ms. D on CTV Newsnet yesterday but she got pre-empted by Bush giving his lecture to North Korea. Then I had to feed Tink lunch and I missed her interview, which came after the lecture. Being an environmental lobbyist, she was there to discuss the Tories' new Green Plan (see Sugarplum's post yesterday for her thoughts on the subject!). I haven't talked to Ms. D recently, but I'd love to hear how she think things went. I heard the news via Krazy, so I might not even be right that that's why she was on the show in the first place.
Hmmm, what else is new? Oh - I am in trouble with the Oma Bear! Apparently she is not happy that I didn't call her in September while I was chumming around with Nelbine. Here is the problem though, the woman does not know how to retrieve her phone messages! So even when I do call and leave a message, she doesn't think I've thought about her unless we manage to make contact. Sigh. She spoke with Krazy while I was out (at Nelbine's no less) and accused me of not calling for 2 months! Silly Dutch woman, I was still at home visiting 2 months ago...
The last thing I'd like to blather on about is that I have an eye appointment for early December and I am really hoping that the doctor has something helpful to say about my blepharitis. It's really flaring up and I might have to resort to some intensive treatment. It's a huge pain...literally...


7 Comments:
At 9:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
You should have seen Peter on his first Easter. And Trent. Wow. That was really funny to see them go crazy over chocolate. There's something about it!
At 9:36 AM,
Melbine said…
Ha! Yeah, it is pretty funny. Doesn't it realize endorphins or something equally crazy?? Mmm, thank you God for chocolate.
At 9:44 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Yesterday there was a baby shower at work and I won a bunch of chocolate in some of the little games. Nice, high-count dark chocolate. I ate it all at once and got palpitations. It was awesome.
At 9:45 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm sure that a little bit of chanpagne won't hurt Tink. He probably wouldn't like it though...
At 10:28 AM,
Melbine said…
Mmm, dark chocolate. For a while I was buying a bar of 72% and eating a square or two a day. Then I bought an 85% and it was just too much. So now I'm eating through a giant bag of chocolate chips from Costco. Mmmm...
Jiri, I agree that the little bit of champagne wouldn't be bad for Tink! I just think you need to have some champagne on your champagne birthday! He would spit it out I'm sure, due to it being carbonated alone. One time we gave him a sip of fizzy lemonade and he wouldn't even pretend to swallow it. He just let it fall out of his mouth and gave us an angry look. Hilarious. So mean..
At 9:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
Tink doesn't need champagne... when he crawls around rubbing his head into the carpet, or laughs hysterically at his own face in the mirror, he's acting loopy enough! lol.. I can testify to all these "drunken" acts!
JS
At 6:02 PM,
Melbine said…
Ha-ha anonymous, this is true!
Post a Comment
<< Home