Here's To Nymphs
Heard fabulous news last night that Little Bitch safely had a wee baby girl this past weekend. Yay! Congratulations!
This weekend saw the first snow falling in Ottawa and it's about time! We are way behind compared to other parts of North America. I don't like rain, rain, rain all the time. If there is going to be a steady amount of precipitation I would much prefer that it came down as snow. Nice and clean and pretty. It is going to be so much fun to watch Tink experience snow this winter!
We spent a fair bit of time tidying up this weekend in anticipation of a visit from the cleaning lady this morning. Guess what? She was a no show. Again. I've left a message for her to call me because this is just getting silly. If you can't keep track of which house you're supposed to be at, then maybe you need to figure that out! And if you're just not showing up and not getting in touch to let me know you're not showing up, then I don't want you around! Man we have a dysfunctional relationship.
After leaving Tink with his grandparents on Saturday, we went out shopping to try and buy some things that we noticed on sale in various flyers. We were too late for every single item at every single store! Okay, it was only 2 things at 2 different stores, but come on! Who are these freaks going and snatching all the sales items up before the store has even been open for a couple of hours? Sigh. We bought Tink a little fridge magnet toy thingie from Leap Frog that is apparently lots of fun for toddlers. We found out that this is true because I stupidly showed it to him and then he wouldn't let us take it away! At least I kept it in the box so that I can wrap it up for his birthday.
I had a nice chat with my older sister, Farm Girl, (it took me a while to think of one, but I love this pseudonym for her!) and she told me that my cousin was able to get out on bail. Now they are saying that this is one of the biggest busts in provincial history and they highly suspect that organized crime is involved. Not that it's a joking matter, but at least if you're going to go down, you might as well go down big!!
This weekend saw the first snow falling in Ottawa and it's about time! We are way behind compared to other parts of North America. I don't like rain, rain, rain all the time. If there is going to be a steady amount of precipitation I would much prefer that it came down as snow. Nice and clean and pretty. It is going to be so much fun to watch Tink experience snow this winter!
We spent a fair bit of time tidying up this weekend in anticipation of a visit from the cleaning lady this morning. Guess what? She was a no show. Again. I've left a message for her to call me because this is just getting silly. If you can't keep track of which house you're supposed to be at, then maybe you need to figure that out! And if you're just not showing up and not getting in touch to let me know you're not showing up, then I don't want you around! Man we have a dysfunctional relationship.
After leaving Tink with his grandparents on Saturday, we went out shopping to try and buy some things that we noticed on sale in various flyers. We were too late for every single item at every single store! Okay, it was only 2 things at 2 different stores, but come on! Who are these freaks going and snatching all the sales items up before the store has even been open for a couple of hours? Sigh. We bought Tink a little fridge magnet toy thingie from Leap Frog that is apparently lots of fun for toddlers. We found out that this is true because I stupidly showed it to him and then he wouldn't let us take it away! At least I kept it in the box so that I can wrap it up for his birthday.
I had a nice chat with my older sister, Farm Girl, (it took me a while to think of one, but I love this pseudonym for her!) and she told me that my cousin was able to get out on bail. Now they are saying that this is one of the biggest busts in provincial history and they highly suspect that organized crime is involved. Not that it's a joking matter, but at least if you're going to go down, you might as well go down big!!


4 Comments:
At 12:21 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Maaaan, I want a reefer farm. Sans the organized crime.
At 8:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
Me too...
At 7:45 AM,
Melbine said…
It's funny because my Mom has joked about doing that for years, paying off the bills. :)
I told Medea the whole story last night, she said it was the best story (in terms of shock value) she had heard in ages!
At 11:54 AM,
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home