A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Monday, October 02, 2006

Warning: Stream of Consciousness AKA Journal Entry

This past weekend was busy but not nearly as frenetic as the last previous three before it. Friday consisted of Tink not napping (this trend has continued but at least we know it's because he's teething) and a visit from Sweet One in order to save my sanity! Krazy and I watched Eve and the Fire Horse in the evening, which I highly recommend you go out and rent. I am not going to go into a big rant about this, but I did want to make one or two comments about Canadian films in general. Canadian films are good, believe it or not! But they don't seem to get any respect from us Canadians. A lot of them do make it to arthouse theatres for a week or so and then they go directly to video. They are not advertised in any special way at the movie rental stores so they end up not making much money at all. French Canada has found a way to turn their film industry into a creative and profitable market so English Canada needs to step up to the plate! I blame Telefilm Canada but in a vague, I have no solution myself kind of way.

Anyway, onto Saturday. We went out shopping before heading over to friends' for dinner. Their daughter is Tink's birthday buddy, born on the same blessed day! If you haven't had a chance, you should really watch two 11 month olds playing together. It's like a wrestling match/ignoring each other game. Tink is quite passive around other babies, which is interesting because he is not passive around us! The night continued in the market for me where I met up with Sugarplum and Mr. E for the Music4Change event. The music was really great and I got to let out some of my recent driving/suburbia frustration. I also met some interesting new people, which is always fun. Saying goodbye to Mr. E at the bus station was not fun but as always, I sort of babbled about things and hopped in the car before I could get too upset. I don't like goodbyes. :(

Yesterday was a gathering of my clan which was very cool! My two brothers and one of my sisters and her fiancé came over for dinner. We had a webcam date with our parents (it's not easy cramming 4 adults and a baby onto the screen) and ate one of the yummy chickens from home. It was almost as good as being at home - almost. Little Guy hadn't been here since there was only drywall and particle board flooring so I got to give an executive tour. I haven't given one of those in a while! I am always proud to show off my home.

And that was the last few days in the world of Melbine. I am looking forward to a quiet, mundane week. Cheers to that.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    I am sorry that I ditched you and made you be the one to say goodbye at the bus station. I just knew it was going to get ugly and Mr. E did not need to see that. Better to get ugly in my own home than to do it in public. Anyways, you are such a strong girl, I knew you could handle it better without me. I do feel guilty though.

    Minou spent most of the day wandering around and meowing (which is what he always does when someone goes away) before settling down on Mr. E's bed and claiming it for his own. Now there are only 10 toes to bite. How sad. And Mr. E was just learning all of Minou's games.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Don't be sorry! You're right that I was able to handle it. And it was nice to hop on the queensway right away; not that you're that far away from it either..

    Poor Minou, good thing the Dude is coming home soon. More toes to bite!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    I miss Mr. E too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home