Nothing Like Dry Heaving During Rush Hour
I am so sick of driving. I have gone downtown and back 6 times in the last 7 days. The worst part of that is having gotten stuck in rush hour traffic on the way home twice in one week. And that is just too much for me and my stomach to handle. The nausea got so bad that I was literally dry heaving while trying to drive through stop and go traffic. And it was pouring. And I was starving. After my drive into town on Saturday night to see Mr. E once more before he leaves I am not going downtown for at least a week. I need to decompress and clearly the powers that be agree because they've thrown a parking ticket and a car scrape into the mix to really piss me off. What it made me realize was that people are absolutely insane to commute from the suburbs to work. I could not handle twice in one week and people do that every single weekday morning and night? Use the bus, people, and save your sanity!
The reason for going downtown this afternoon was to move Nelbine into her lovely, central apartment. It was the easiest move that Krazy and I have ever helped with because it was only her personal effects and her computer that needed to go into the apartment. I cannot believe that her month with us is already over, I really enjoyed having her here! Having said that, it will be nice for us to settle back into our own private space and nice for Nelbine to reclaim her privacy as well.
Tink could use some settling back in. He has not been sleeping well lately and teething is definitely involved. Last night his 8th tooth finally broke through the gum but that does not mean his pain is over. I was thinking about how horrible it truly must be to be having those hard bits of calcium (would you say they're bones?) cutting through your soft, sensitive gums. I'm pretty sure I'd be a miserable son of a bitch (that's two swear words in this post!) and I at least know what the hell's (three times) going on. Two of his teeth have actually bled that's how badly his gum got cut. Now if only I could have some more of that sympathy while he's being a crusty old bear...
The reason for going downtown this afternoon was to move Nelbine into her lovely, central apartment. It was the easiest move that Krazy and I have ever helped with because it was only her personal effects and her computer that needed to go into the apartment. I cannot believe that her month with us is already over, I really enjoyed having her here! Having said that, it will be nice for us to settle back into our own private space and nice for Nelbine to reclaim her privacy as well.
Tink could use some settling back in. He has not been sleeping well lately and teething is definitely involved. Last night his 8th tooth finally broke through the gum but that does not mean his pain is over. I was thinking about how horrible it truly must be to be having those hard bits of calcium (would you say they're bones?) cutting through your soft, sensitive gums. I'm pretty sure I'd be a miserable son of a bitch (that's two swear words in this post!) and I at least know what the hell's (three times) going on. Two of his teeth have actually bled that's how badly his gum got cut. Now if only I could have some more of that sympathy while he's being a crusty old bear...


4 Comments:
At 9:43 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Sounds like you're getting ready to move back home.
Does this mean you're not coming to the party on Sat. night to dance all night long? We got Nash to save you a ticket.
At 12:05 PM,
Melbine said…
No, no..I'll be there - that's the last thing for a bit though! I told Mr. E to keep me updated on what's going on tonight but I'm not up for going out...
At 10:34 AM,
Sugarplum said…
I'll scoot out there on the next nice day. I could use a good scooting. Rain rain go away.
At 8:48 AM,
Sugarplum said…
I was just going to suggest a visit today since it is supposed to be nice but then I realized I have to finish marking papers and plan my class for tomorrow.
I say girl, you've dropped the blogging ball.
Post a Comment
<< Home