So Much To Be Thankful For
It's funny that it took an official holiday to make me stop and realize how truly blessed my life is. I am so happy and content it verges on the ridiculous. I have a wonderful husband and a baby boy that fills my heart with so much love that it almost hurts. I am so thankful for all of the ways that my life is good - amen! Here are the best moments from my Thanksgiving weekend:
1. Tink crawling from the kitchen over to the foyer when I got home and showing such sheer excitement at seeing me.
2. A walk with Tink and my sister-in-law on a gorgeous afternoon and discussing the joys of having children.
3. Nookie with my husband while the baby naps (sorry, gotta put it in!).
4. Laughter with friends while bottling wine for their wedding (okay, watching them bottle wine).
5. An amazing Thanksgiving dinner with Krazy's family.
The only bad moment was when I got a call from my mother last night that Nelbine had left her keys at home and was therefore going to be locked out of her apartment once she got back into town! Poor Nelbine. I felt so badly for her but thank goodness Jericho was with her and she just headed back to his place with him. A little survey: has anyone NOT locked themselves out of their apartment/house?! Come on, no lying here!
I am in such a good mood I will even admit that Josh Hartnett acted very well in Lucky Number Slevin, a really good film starring Hartnett, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, Bruce Willis, and Lucy Liu. Oh, and Stanley Tucci and Peter Outerbridge. How could a movie go wrong with a cast like that?! I would even buy this movie and I don't do that very often.
1. Tink crawling from the kitchen over to the foyer when I got home and showing such sheer excitement at seeing me.
2. A walk with Tink and my sister-in-law on a gorgeous afternoon and discussing the joys of having children.
3. Nookie with my husband while the baby naps (sorry, gotta put it in!).
4. Laughter with friends while bottling wine for their wedding (okay, watching them bottle wine).
5. An amazing Thanksgiving dinner with Krazy's family.
The only bad moment was when I got a call from my mother last night that Nelbine had left her keys at home and was therefore going to be locked out of her apartment once she got back into town! Poor Nelbine. I felt so badly for her but thank goodness Jericho was with her and she just headed back to his place with him. A little survey: has anyone NOT locked themselves out of their apartment/house?! Come on, no lying here!
I am in such a good mood I will even admit that Josh Hartnett acted very well in Lucky Number Slevin, a really good film starring Hartnett, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, Bruce Willis, and Lucy Liu. Oh, and Stanley Tucci and Peter Outerbridge. How could a movie go wrong with a cast like that?! I would even buy this movie and I don't do that very often.


5 Comments:
At 1:49 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Bullshit! You buy lots of movies.
I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well - with the weather as nice as it was how could you go wrong!
At 4:55 PM,
Melbine said…
Actually, considering how much I looove movies, I could have a lot more! Half of those movies are Krazy's too...
Yeah, pretty hard to have a bad weekend!
At 5:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Happy Thanksgiving! Or the day after...
Te best way to not get locked up is to not lock your door. That worked great in the Old Ottawa South. It's also good because you don't have to carry your keys with you, and that way you can't lose them.
At 9:14 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Yeah, in that place you guys barely closed the doors much less locked them!
At 9:39 AM,
Melbine said…
This is great advice Jiri - I will pass it on to my sister. :) Although Old Ottawa South is definitely a little different from Centretown..
Post a Comment
<< Home