Normalcy
I am enjoying the relative peace and quiet of my usual weekly routine. Besides feeling a little under the weather, I have noticed that my body seems to have returned to normal after the trauma of pregnancy and labour. My hair has stopped falling out and thinning. I am back to my normal weight (I actually dealt with losing too much weight while actively nursing!) and the heartburn is a lot better. This has all been happening over the past few weeks which means that it took a good 10 months for my body to recover. So I cannot imagine how women like Britney Spears feel going right into another pregnancy. One of my grandmothers had many children in a short amount of time but this was pre-social acceptance of birth control. I don't understand how in this day and age women choose to get pregnant again so quickly!
Anyway, this weekend is Thanksgiving and I have seen all of the festive decorations in the stores but do not feel compelled to buy any. I am not in a holiday mood for some reason. Not that Thanksgiving has ever been huge on my list but I used to feel that it was a special time. I think it's because I am not going to be at home with my family and I wasn't able to go last year either. I love holidays with my family and I can't stand it when I'm not there to join in on the fun!
Hey, Charlton Heston's birthday is today. He is 82 - I wonder what he's doing to celebrate?! Charlton Heston seems like the antithesis to normalcy in my mind, so he must surely be doing something bizarre even as I write this...
Anyway, this weekend is Thanksgiving and I have seen all of the festive decorations in the stores but do not feel compelled to buy any. I am not in a holiday mood for some reason. Not that Thanksgiving has ever been huge on my list but I used to feel that it was a special time. I think it's because I am not going to be at home with my family and I wasn't able to go last year either. I love holidays with my family and I can't stand it when I'm not there to join in on the fun!
Hey, Charlton Heston's birthday is today. He is 82 - I wonder what he's doing to celebrate?! Charlton Heston seems like the antithesis to normalcy in my mind, so he must surely be doing something bizarre even as I write this...


7 Comments:
At 1:55 PM,
Sugarplum said…
I wonder if you are going to want to put your body through another rollercoaster pregnancy now that you have experienced normalcy.
At 3:48 PM,
Melbine said…
I sure am! The desire for children overrides any intense nausea that may or may not occur. :)
At 4:08 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Well, then - get on with it! Canada's not going to populate itself!
At 6:06 PM,
Melbine said…
Ha ha! You don't want me to be bulging at your wedding do you??
At 8:24 AM,
cali said…
My brother and I were born only 15 months apart - and my mom had three cesareans!
P.S. I bet CH celebrates his birthday by shooting some guns. (I'm trying to sound Michael Moorish, but really I kind of like CH.)
At 8:56 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Bulge away if you wish. I wouldn't dream of getting in your way with a lousy green dress.
At 6:08 PM,
Melbine said…
Calisaurus, did you mom intend to have you guys so close in age?? My neighbour had a ceasarean last year and the doctors told her to wait at least 18 months before getting pregnant again!
ps - I kinda like CH too, he embodies Moses for me, Michael Moore documentary aside...
Thanks Sugarplum, but no thanks. More children will come in their own good time. That's why I already got the ball rolling, so I wouldn't have to pop them so close together. Since I DO want 4!
Post a Comment
<< Home