A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Monday, August 28, 2006

Daddy Says To Show It Face-on


Today I got a letter and a gift certificate in the mail from the sex store, thanking me for my patronage. It's true - Sugarplum is a witness. I think I need to stay away from that place for a while.

I know I said that I am not going to post pictures of Tink and now here is the second in a few days, but his father thinks that the first photo did not do him justice. If everyone could see his face full-on then their hearts would just melt! So here is a picture of him at a Wendy's along the 401 when we were travelling home 2 weeks ago. Aww, isn't he cute? Today he stood in his crib on his own for the first time! Half an hour after I predicted to Sugarplum that it would happen soon, he went from sitting to standing fully while I watched from the bathroom.

In case you haven't figured it out, Sugarplum dropped by for a quick visit today and brought me the loveliest purse that I've ever been given! She made it herself! Not that I ever doubted her ability to do so, but I am very impressed with the workmanship. I think she needs to consider opening up shop if the whole publishing thing doesn't work out.

I cannot believe that August is almost over. It is, by far, the quickest month to speed by in 2006. It has also been the most intense for Tink's development. I guess around 9 months is when all the crazy shit starts happening like crawling, standing, pat-a-cake, etc. Sigh. Can he stay 9 months forever please?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    OH! Why, that little thug has mugged his cute cute way right into my heart!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yes you have to be careful around him, he's bad for that!!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    There's that cute little munchkin who made it so difficult for me to leave last yesterday! I'm glad you didn't post the picture of us you gave me!!!!!!!!!!

    You are too sweet. I almost didn't give it to you because it seemed too late in the season for such a summery bag. I am glad you like it though. I am taking another sewing course at Algonquin this fall so that I can actually fall back on this kind of thing (well,not really. It's just for fun).

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    I'm sorry Sugarplum about the picture. To be honest, I thought it was a nice shot because it shows you guys having fun together!

    I keep picking up the purse and marvelling that it's not store-bought! I love the colours and even if I don't get to use it very often this year, look out next summer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home