A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Succumbing to Temptation

I have finally succumbed. I have a blog. Whenever there is some new, amazing 'thing' out there that everyone is doing or wearing or reading, I resist. I like to think that I am somehow too 'cool' for it. As if I am above the common masses who have succumbed to the herd mentality. It becomes a matter of pride:

"Why no, I have NOT read Harry Potter".
"Why no, I do not own Mary Jane's."
"Actually, I do not know how to use a blackberry!"

As if anyone cares or thinks I am cool because I resist the tide.

Then I discovered that one of my dearest friends has a blog. And she is cool. She is the last person to follow the herd. So I figured it was time. It must be safe to have a blog!

I've called it clouds of blue in reference of one of my favourite poems from way back in high school. It was written by some teenager in a Christian-happy magazine I happened to have. I don't really remember the words but the gist of the poem is that it is possible to find your 'clouds of blue' in this life. Happy, memorable moments or people that have lots of meaning to you. I'm not really using it in that sense. I thought I would use it to describe my little compact thoughts for each day (if I actually manage to write each day). My little 'cloud of blue'. Hmmm....

Anyway, more tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home