Shaft of Steel??
I tried. Along with the Sting memoir, I also took out a trashy, 'historical' romance novel last week. I thought it would be something mindless and fun to read. And who knows, maybe even get my engine revved a bit more!
It was pretty horrible. I just couldn't get through it. I suppose there's a reason that almost anyone can get a romance manuscript published? I've certainly read worse things. Heidegger pops into mind. I would much rather sit down with this book than some convoluted German philosophy tome. Sting's memoir was much better. I bet Sting could write a pretty wicked romance novel.
I didn't do too much today. There's something very satisfying about that. Tomorrow will be a bit more busy as we 'celebrate' Father's Day. I have agreed to take on the duty of occupying Tink in the early morning while Krazy sleeps in. I usually have the honours of getting some more dream time, but I suppose one day a year is alright. It's just so hard to get up for the day by 6 a.m.!
I'd like to leave you with the funniest sentences of the first 100 pages:
"His shaft, already aroused, became stiff as steel." HAHAHAHA - classic.
Honourable mention: "Ah yes...the thought of her lying there was enough to create a stirring deep in his loins, and his member began to twitch eagerly." OUCH?
It was pretty horrible. I just couldn't get through it. I suppose there's a reason that almost anyone can get a romance manuscript published? I've certainly read worse things. Heidegger pops into mind. I would much rather sit down with this book than some convoluted German philosophy tome. Sting's memoir was much better. I bet Sting could write a pretty wicked romance novel.
I didn't do too much today. There's something very satisfying about that. Tomorrow will be a bit more busy as we 'celebrate' Father's Day. I have agreed to take on the duty of occupying Tink in the early morning while Krazy sleeps in. I usually have the honours of getting some more dream time, but I suppose one day a year is alright. It's just so hard to get up for the day by 6 a.m.!
I'd like to leave you with the funniest sentences of the first 100 pages:
"His shaft, already aroused, became stiff as steel." HAHAHAHA - classic.
Honourable mention: "Ah yes...the thought of her lying there was enough to create a stirring deep in his loins, and his member began to twitch eagerly." OUCH?


4 Comments:
At 10:34 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Ohmigod . . twitching members. . . I read that and laughed - then started reading a book a friend lent me, which turned out to be badly written 'historical' soft-core lesbian porn, and found the line "If I'd had a member, it would have been twitching."
IT'S CALLED A COCK. Jesus.
I have made a resolution to not buy any goods but food and shoes at full price, and also to not read books that call cocks 'members' or 'shafts' and snatches 'quims'.
At 12:05 PM,
Melbine said…
HA! If I'd had a member...that's hilarious!
What about pants - think those are worth buying at full price? I have the hardest time finding a good pair..
At 12:21 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Yeah, that's true . . . pants are rough. But I haven't bought those full price in ages, I'd rather just look lousy.
At 12:19 PM,
Melbine said…
I'm dumb b/c I pay full price and still end up looking lousy.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: the author liberally sprinkled the book with the word cock, so I guess she just started running out of ways to say cock.
Cock is a funny word. It makes me laugh. Try and say it straight-faced!
Post a Comment
<< Home