Down The Pipe
Poor Krazy. He was so traumatized by last night's events that he is swearing to never give Tink his Vitamin D again. We give Tink his 1 mL of Vitamin D every night as part of his bedtime routine. For those who don't know, breastfed babies are supposed to be given a shot of it every day since breastmilk doesn't contain enough Vitamin D. Neither does cow's milk for that matter; we humans add it when we're adding all the other crap they put in milk these days (that's a whole other conspiracy theory for another time). Anyway, Tink swallowed it oddly and started choking. And choking. And tooting. His body started doing all kinds of strange things to try and expel the liquid that headed straight to his lungs. Eventually he puked it up neatly into Krazy's hand. Apparently he looked shell-shocked, as did Krazy. I missed all this, being at the meeting that wasn't a meeting about the re-zoning behind my house that wasn't about the re-zoning.
The "meeting" was really an open house, with poster boards hanging with proposed changes to the road that is going to get widened within the next decade. They threw in a few boards about the re-zoning changes but it didn't make much sense to me. It was pretty fruitless in my eyes, although I did fill out a comment sheet on which intersection and cross-section options I'd prefer. It was also amusing to see some of the same people from the previous community association meeting all fired up and giving hell to the poor, hassled City employees.
Tink's brain is working on crawling. When we go to get him after a nap or when he gets up for the day, he has his little bum in the air and is trying to push off with his knees. Once this little creature starts moving, then the fun will really begin! For him.
The "meeting" was really an open house, with poster boards hanging with proposed changes to the road that is going to get widened within the next decade. They threw in a few boards about the re-zoning changes but it didn't make much sense to me. It was pretty fruitless in my eyes, although I did fill out a comment sheet on which intersection and cross-section options I'd prefer. It was also amusing to see some of the same people from the previous community association meeting all fired up and giving hell to the poor, hassled City employees.
Tink's brain is working on crawling. When we go to get him after a nap or when he gets up for the day, he has his little bum in the air and is trying to push off with his knees. Once this little creature starts moving, then the fun will really begin! For him.


4 Comments:
At 1:18 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Oh god, the endless traumas that must be involved in raising those things . . . I find it intimidating to even imagine . . .
At 2:58 PM,
Melbine said…
Ha-ha! It gets better the older they get..plus I imagine the more you have. :)
At 10:11 PM,
Andrea Bowers said…
Being a parent must be a pretty incredible experience. I think Spencer is a very lucky baby and I hope to meet him some day soon.
xo
a.
At 8:07 AM,
Melbine said…
I hope you get to as well! Let's keep our fingers crossed for early August!
Post a Comment
<< Home